We are a literate, intermediate to advanced AU Transformers RPG Based off of the first season of TFP with dashes of other incarnations sprinkled here or there. Characters from any continuity are welcome however must be restyled to match the TFPrime universe.
Active, with ongoing plotlines, we are always willing to integrate new characters into storylines once incorporated into the setting.
Post by Looking to join on Dec 2, 2019 7:46:18 GMT -5
Right off the bat, sorry if I annoy ya with my questions or I ask something that was already answered, I'm new to this style of roleplay so yeah, anyway.
1. I'm in the midst of making a character for the roleplay and I would like to give them a cassette-style companion like Soundwave is with Lazerbeak or something like that. Can I do it? Am I able to have the companion and oc take up one character slot since technically the cassette is more of a tool than an actual cybertronian but idk on this one? Is it a no-go or do I have to go through some other requirements?
2. If my application is accepted, how do I go around introducing my oc in the story of the rp? Can I make a thread in whatever episode to introduce them (if I try not to mess up the cannon of this forum or have it that it contradicts what someone else had already written) or do I have to start off from the most recent episode?
That's about it, again, sorry if this has been written somewhere and I just overlooked it. If you ppl could answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.
No annoyance at all! We are more than happy to offer guidance and assistance. Better to get clarification than to meander in blind ahhaa.
1: Carriers and Cassettes may be applied within the same account, but keep in mind you would then be reviewed for both characters so they are a bit trickier compared to 'standard' single character applications. The only real rule however is that the Cassette's sentience is below a certain line. If the Cassette has full functioning sentience, can talk to people, have their own hopes and dreams for the war... they would need to be a separate applied character. If the Cassette is the sentience and capability of a clever dog or a toddler, you can attach it to the same account.
An example of the simple end is Soundwave and Laserbeak. In the show, the Cassette doesn't show any level of intelligence other then fleeing from danger or performing simple tasks, and it is hard to say if it does that completely on its own or is being commanded by Soundwave. The most advanced thing was tracking Soundwave to pull him out of his hard-drive crash and awaken him. Laserbeak is simple and as such an accessory.
On the other end of the simple spectrum is my OC Carbine and Cassette Bolo. He is about on the edge of intelligence, a dog that knows certain words and tricks, can act on his own, and isn't opposed to trotting off because he is a curious little animal. He does have little hopes and dreams, but they are short sighted on par with 'get pets' 'get food' and 'want nap'. His profile can be found HERE, but don'tfeel you need a profile that long! I have issues and overwrite a good amount.
Honestly, I am a mess and need to purge my profiles down.
Just include a mini-profile for the Cassette in the Extra Info section. Appearance, Strengths, Weaknesses, etc etc... whatever applicable.
2: Should you be accepted you will be invited to our Discord channel. While not NEEDED nor REQUIRED of you, it can be beneficial as 99% of the forum plots through that avenue. There, depending on your character's allegiance, conversations can be started to find a fun intro. The only intros we aren’t too keen on are shuttle crashes. Some more information can be found HERE at the bottom with ideas depending on faction, but you don't have to pick one of those.
Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask and myself or one of the other Admins can swoop in and help!
Okay yeah, thanks for the info. You saved me a heck of a lot of head banging and my wall thanks you for that. There are some questions that just popped up.
1. In the application process, if your application is rejected, do you get info on what's wrong with the character and how to fix it and then be able to re-apply with the same character or do you just have to scrap the entire thing and begin again? (I'm asking because this has happened more than once. Many tears were shed, lol)
2. Another question I had was If there was any limitation of the oc appearance-wise or is it left to the creator's imagination so long as it's within reason, like a second pair of arms or a few more eyes? Nothing as outlandish as a second head on the things butt or...idk, a ball covered in legs or something like that.
Side note, sorry if some of this makes little sense, my brain is weird.
1. Yep, we go over the application with you via email and list out the things that need to be tweaked, then you simply change what's needed and send it back and we'll review it again until hopefully it gets a pass! No need to scrap the entire thing and start over- that being said it does happen sometimes if a character simply will not work in our board setting (very very rare, though!).
2. As long as it's explained and countered in the application, I don't see why not. You'd need to add any strengths or weaknesses that come with such a thing, to try and keep them balanced and fair. If they did the modification themselves - like Flatline did with his secondary arms, for example - that would also need to be explained as well, not to mention they'd need some kind of medical ability to do such a thing.
We are very much active! However, we disable registration because we require players to send in an application through e-mail. Should your character be approved you would then be sent an invitation to register. The site resources has a lot of great info, including the application template HERE.