Cintra Jul 31, 2020 19:44:56 GMT -5
Post by Cintra on Jul 31, 2020 19:44:56 GMT -5
Age Equivalent: Mid-Twenties
Gender Equivalent: Female
Skyscraper Glass Maintenance - Repairs and Cleaning.
Scouting in Tight Quarters and Rough Terrain - Combat Assist
• Height: Top of helm ends at Bumblebee's 'collar bone'.
• Color Scheme: Pink with Yellow and Teal accents streaked with searing Bio-Lights.
• Facial Features: Cintra has a pale faceplate with a pair of darker streaks running to her jaw from under her eyes. The centermost of her helm arches back with a sleek band contrasted by a raised arch. This is flanked on either side by backwards facing spikes, beside which is a mount for each audial. Nestled in this mounting are two finials, one larger on top, and a smaller one on underside that both move to show emotion.
• Physical Build: Small in stature, Cintra boasts a slim frame that is more height than overall mass. Her primary joints such as shoulders, hips, knees and waist ((but not limited to these alone)) are sturdy spheres with multiple lines and pivots to provide maneuverability. The exposed side of each holds a sharp cone shaped spike that adds to a slight punk style edge.
Narrow arms lead down to flared out palms, her hands larger than typically expected for one of her scaling due to the industrial suction cups that are mounted within their underside. These broad mitts hold only three fingers and a thumb, the start of the digit styled as a simple hinge while the second half is a rounded tapered triangle with limited dexterity. Her legs contrast this with a thicker midsection around calf, only to taper at the ankle to a smaller ped that flares at the point it touches the ground.
Cintra's most notable trait branches out from the back of her helm, neck, and the start of between her shoulder blades. It consists of a few layered pieces of metal, before breaking away from her central mass to hang down in a long cable. Starting out as broad as her waist if not more, it gradually tapers along its length to a sharp blade of metal. This cable is longer than she is tall, and is traditionally curled closer to her frame to protect.
• Dark Mode GO: Cintra is gaudy on the best of days, but stick her in truly dark environments? And the fact her Bio-Lights emit phosphors mean otherwise invisible patterns and UV lines glow nauseatingly so. It was a heinously tacky personal choice, and has absolutely no association with her job.
Pink Smart Car
No weaponry, no frills save for a studded spike in the center of hubcaps, and awful heart taillights.
Sparked and swiftly assigned a role, Cintra had a rather simple and modest life of servicing skyscraper exterior glass in the nicer areas of Kaon ((a sort of oxymoron)). While her primary job was climbing to clean and repair any scrapes and chips, she was also well versed in replacing chunks of the windows themselves as a temporary fix for those that couldn’t afford an entirely new panel. Her atypical tendril cables had suction cups which affixed to the proximity glass so that she could work with both hands free. While anchored in such a way, she did not need to concern herself with high winds that could otherwise impair a flying Cybertronian in a similar role.
Happy with a little niche cut out for herself, Cintra didn’t need to work with others when up on the skyscrapers, her only interactions being the occasional wave to individuals within, or pointing and twiddling fingers at resident's pets. The only thing she would change is moving to a more prosperous city with brighter colors to look over as she worked. However, as with many on Cybertron, she soon became aware of the uprising in progress, and became KEENLY aware of how damaging the Caste System was. While she herself held no desire to change roles, she agreed it wasn’t fair to others and quickly jumped on board from the safety of her couch, too scared to get directly involved with the swarming riots that churned in the lower regions.
Until it hit a pinnacle.
Try as she might to not get pulled into the protests beyond supporting her significant other from home, she could only distance herself so long. With nervous apprehension she pushed outside her realm of comfort and stood beside Flux as he made his stance known and participated in rallies. She felt like it was only a matter of time before they were all steamrolled by the rulers of this world. Despite this fear, the Decepticons gained a stronger footing and Cintra became emboldened, her aggressive personality breaking through the invisible cage. However, riots evolved, things changed in scary directions, and with War now surging on the horizon Cintra panicked.
She couldn't rely solely on Flux to protect her, no matter what he may try... She lacked power of any kind, and had no weapons to her name, but what she lacked in strength she gained adaptability. She instantly sought upgrades from a sideline medic to facilitate this change in a desperate ploy for survival. Dumping what funds she had into it ((back when money was still slightly valuable)) and supplementing it with a vow to fight alongside the Decepticons, Cintra got the suction cups on her cables swapped out for spears, and some sharp spikes welded onto joints.
With this, she felt far more confident in her ability to survive the war.
Cintra saw that a true revolution was possible, and sunk her teeth into it just as Flux had. She had real hope that there could be change, and people like her significant other would not be FORCED to labor, and those that remained could be compensated justly for the danger involved. Even though things spiraled down, she held blinded optimism that the path they chose was the only right one, and their leaders would eventually guide to a better world.
Getting more hands on, Cintra acted as an assist to any larger Cybertronian that she got to work with and ride ((with an obvious preference for Flux)), watching their backs and providing fast strikes or stabs should someone venture too close in range. She believed herself a valuable aid, and served at varied distant forgotten outposts that bolstered her apprehension into aggression until the evacuation occurred.
Tagging along within one of the many ships that escaped from their dead world, Cintra got thrown on a sideline planet helping to try to hold Decepticon territory with others until radio chatter tipped them off to where the new battleground was. After discussions with Flux were concluded, efforts were diverted with others to put out an S.O.S. call since their current post was getting overwhelmed.
Hiding beneath Flux’s protection, when the Space Bridge formed they pushed through.
Boppy, fun loving, and maybe a bit too happy given the nature of their species downfall.
Cintra doesn't seem to realize how bad things have gotten, or perhaps she would rather choose to live in a life of forced ignorance just to keep mentally sound. She flicks up a metaphorical visor to look at life through a rose tint, even if deep down in her core she recognizes that to survive this long in the war you need to be profoundly lucky, or a straight up piece of opportunistic trash.
Despite her feminine air and borderline Punk-Barbie appearance, Cintra just wants to do what others can with no contest. She wants to be 'one of the boys', to be involved with things that could be seen as uncouth, uncaring about grime and roughhousing. If she were larger and more capable, she would be the type to find fun in wrestling or Lobbing, but to try to do so beyond some mock attempts would get her barreled across the room into a wall. This can be frustrating, and simply fuels her small dog in a sea of mastiffs Napoleon complex that she fights with.
Cintra can let much roll off her back, but as much as she plays up the dainty lady with a diva edge to get sympathy and things she wants, she does not appreciate being looked down upon ((other than physically which is to be expected)). She gets aggressive if it is implied she can't handle something that she believes she can, or being told she's too fragile to accomplish something even if it's true.
• One plus One: Not a useless idiot, and not one to flounder in stress when given directives, yet... Cintra is ditzy and not the brightest bulb around. She isn't specialized or knowledgeable in anything notable besides glasswork... and that neglects the entire field of glass sculpture. Ask her to re-wire something? Enjoy your tangled mess. Want her to make a map of terrain while scouting? Here is your blob drawing. Need someone to assist in first aid? She can plunk her hand over a wound... does that count?...
• Excitable: Cintra is ready to throw down and do things at the drop of a hat. Get an idea for a task or a job to help? HECK YES! She can fling from zero to sixty with eagerness to go on a mission or do just about anything. If someone needs a helper and pitches the job as being fun enough? She will lurch to the occasion with great zeal. This mixes poorly with her less than astute ways, and makes her a perfect sidekick or gopher that aims to please.
• Ignorantly Optimistic: Cintra bit down hard into the Decepticon cause, and is absolutely loyal and starstruck at getting the opportunity to work beneath High Command directly. From a world of trenches and frontlines, to seeing a Commander casually in a hallway?! What is this!? She cannot see the instability of power and tensions between Megatron and Starscream, only seeing everyone working for a united cause... because how else would it be under their leader's direct gaze? This bubble may eventually burst, but for now she is very happy.
• Flashy Bright Colors: What fun is life if you can't express oneself? Cintra likes her colorful flared frame, and doesn't care if it can seem gaudy to others. It is fun, and she instantly likes anyone else who is bold enough to do something other than boring drab colors that 'blend in'. Moss greens, darker blues, gray and black... Boring! This also translates to fireworks and just about anything with a fun burst to it. Even explosives.
• Beautiful Architecture: Calculated curving lines, jagged modern panels, flares of atypical structures... Cintra enjoys looking at the busy cities of this world, and while she seldom gets to witness them given lack of tasks in such locations, in the few chances she is able she eats it all up happily. She misses overlooking Cybertron from countless stories high.
• Footsports: While there hasn't been an exact clone of the game she enjoyed in days past, Cintra does enjoy watching other sports such as soccer, kick volleyball, or kickboxing.
• Wind: High power fast wind reminds her of when she was working on the top reaches of skyscrapers, and brings a feeling of comfort and familiarity. Even if she is planted firmly on the ground, the sharp brisk coldness is soothing.
• Gossip: Cintra is ready for the rumor mill, and is game for chattering theories and ideas about others to dig up dirt and entertain. As with much however this does not translate to High Command. Her blind devotion and loyalty skews things in unreasonable ways.
• Bland Killjoys: Oh, she cannot stand individuals with bland personalities that are all 'war hardened'. Serious to a fault, holding no passion or self-expression... she wants to just shake them and get them to put some HEART into one or both! Have some FUN! ... Except for High Command... They are perfect and she wouldn’t dream of screaming that they are all drab purple and gray abominations with a leery persona. Even if they are.
• Inaction: Wanting to be entertained in some way or another, Cintra seeks out things to keep herself busy. She absolutely does not appreciate when days go by without anything occurring around the base.
• Touching her 'Tail': Want to get instantly whapped by a hip spike? Want to have a punch aimed at your robo-kidney? Then take a grab! While she understands it isn't a terribly typical trait, and is alright with curiosity and talking about it, she finds touching like that incredibly RUDE and is not shy about teaching that lesson with unhinged aggression.
• Nature and Trees: It isn't a dislike of 'ew gross!', it is the fact it is chaotic naturally grown shapes, random with a loose set of laws... while Nature can have its interesting attributes such as rivers and waterfalls, Cintra finds FAR more joy in things that are manufactured. Made intentionally, made with precision and care to serve a GOAL... not left to fumble itself together in a mangled process of evolution.
Strengths and Weapons:
The long curling cable that extrudes from the back of her helm, neck, and shoulder blades have two modes.
The primary form of the extrusion is what is typically seen in her day to day life. It consists of a long cable that holds four lines lengthwise and some plating up near the connection point. It tapers down to a sharp blade with a few barbed ridges on its edge to snag and pull. In this state enough force can be applied in a strike to gore light armor, puncture medium, and pop sting holes in heavy.
The secondary state occurs when the single tendril splits into four. Thinner and weaker given its quartered size, each gain speed and dexterity, but drops down to only being able to puncture light armor while pop stabbing medium with shallow holes. Against heavy it would simply scratch and ping off the surface. Should it be used against a foe in this state, it is more geared as a distraction, or towards striking into joints or gaps in armor to use its dexterity and accuracy to avoid heavier areas.
In this split form the tendrils can provide general mobility, lifting Cintra off the ground to add agility and speed, as well as skill in traversing rough terrain. While she can lift herself with ease however even long term given her all day jobs back in the day, additional weight is limited. At most she could haul another around 2,000lbs ((should they help in holding on so she doesn't drop them with her weaker arms)), about that of a rather small vehicle. That said, it would be notable strain and would not be as stable. She would only be able to maintain this long enough to scale a building or rockface, and any longer would end in stressed complaint that leads to a general collapse and unpleasant fall. 1,000lbs is far more manageable, and less than that is of course preferred.
Beyond slash and stab tactics alone, the tendrils can be used to restrain and bind should they be able to get a couple wraps around the object or individual in question to lock and root down. This is only truly viable with foes closer to her mass, given a larger Cybertronian could just run with her attempting to play handcuffs, if not simply rip free with strength alone.
• Dense Core: While Cintra's outer armor is lightweight, she has some solid heavy struts and armature given the need to weigh her down and resist sudden strong winds in her prior job. Blade and blast will rend and pierce the outermost layers with little resistance, but her 'skeleton', including a makeshift ribcage around her spark, does well to keep herself from being twisted to pieces should a brute backhand her hard. It will still down her, just because her 'bones' and joints don’t break easily doesn't mean she is invulnerable, but she can reasonably survive much that may tear others in half so long as she doesn't bleed out or have a vital component damaged.
• Protective Spikes: Fearing being grabbed by a larger threat, Cintra has cone style spikes along joints and a couple other key areas as a deterrent. Each can be rather pokey, but damage is dependent on how hard it is grabbed and one's particular armor ranking. She can hip-check others on her team for a stinging poke if they are too close, or panic slam the one on the outside of her wrist into others if grabbed. That said, with her limited strength, a full force whap with her wrist can jab slightly into light armor, shallow scrape medium, and ping worthlessly off heavy.
• Agility: Small and agile, speed is Cintra's best boon and she must use it to her advantage. Ducking under strikes, scrabbling to the side, sliding through a larger foes legs to pop out behind them... all the way to trying to root the tendrils into their back so she can't be easily grabbed and torn in half. She is a quick little thing.
• Adaptation: Given her mind and speed is what keeps her alive among a sea of giants, Cintra's has learned to try to use her atypical boons to the best of her abilities. Not many are trained in how to counter her cables, and as such she tries to keep her foe on their toes and guessing. She ironically fights best against larger Cybertronian that cannot move as quick as her, smaller individuals more likely to push too close in range for her to fight against with any skill.
Her adaptation best manifests itself when working with others, able to learn and adapt to an ally's body movements over time. So long as she hangs on during a handful of training exercises or fights with whoever the new friend is, she can generally avoid being thrown off in order to complement their style of combat. She is a fashionable and useful scarf.
• Suction Cups: Window repairs and cleaning by trade, Cintra has layered industrial suction cups on her broad hands, as well as smaller ones on the underside of her peds to add to stability in high winds. Due to her life depending on them in her old job, or a need to not drop a small panel down to civilians below, the tools are incredibly powerful and the suction cup mountings are more likely to rip out before the plate will disengage from a smooth surface. This is of course negated if a pokey object slides in sideways to pop her free.
• Frailty: While her tendrils may have some strength to them, Cintra's arms are borderline useless in any acts of brute force, only having general lifting power that had been used to carry cleaning supplies and replacement glass patch pieces. Punches, slaps and hits of an elbow are not effective against an armored individual ((wrist spike only doing so much)). If grabbed, she would be hard pressed to pull free with strength alone.
• Light Armor: While Cintra's core is strong, her outer armor isn't so much. She didn't have a job that required husky plating, and when the War kicked off, she wasn't able to get that rectified in any way since her funds barely covered what upgrades she did get. She has no notable resistances to other's weaponry. If it were not for her core holding her together, she would be long dead.
• Untrained: Cintra has curated a unique fighting style with her tendrils that is rather honed to a fine edge, but anything beyond that is nonexistent. She has no real formal training, and likely only survived long enough to master her own weird style due to its unusual nature catching others off guard ((and her combo partners)). Any form of true hand to hand combat would end with her being schooled instantly.
• Firearm Fail: Cintra lacks a real ability to wield and use legitimate firearms. Her chunky hands make grabbing guns suitable for her size impossible as her finger lacks proper dexterity ((or won't even fit in the opening by the trigger)), while in contrast she isn't strong enough to wield the larger types that her hand WOULD fit due to recoil throwing her to her back. Because of this she has no training with firearms of any type, and even if given a weapon tailored to fit her hand's structure she would be too trigger-happy and not hold the patience to aim properly, ending with scattered shots splayed all over.
• Only Her Tendrils: Her inexperience with weaponry transitions to hand weapons as well, having not given them the time of day to learn. She can grab a knife and stabbity at someone for sure, but knowing exactly how to hold it to not hurt herself or end up twisting her wrist if she hits something wrong is unknown. Wild flailing, lack of skill, she had to rely on her tendrils so much that weapons feel foreign and it shows.
• Deer in Headlights: When startled or spooked, Cintra's suction cups engage hard without conscious effort to keep her from going airborne should it have occurred in her old job. While useful back then, it isn't so great now. If alarmed when walking upon a smoother surface, she could try to wrench around to flee only to topple and fall due to her feet sticking. Once the initial surprise is over, she can unclip and run even when terrified with no issues. In battle she expects problems to an extent which diminishes this impulse, but even then, if an unseen grenade goes off nearby or a blindsided shot strikes her off guard, she will lock down and scream.
• Stealth is Impossible: Obnoxious painted colors aside, Cintra has bright bio-lights that fling past subtle flare into an even more gaudy edge, especially with the nauseating black light effect. She likes to think she can light up a room with her personality, but it is more the literal definition.
• Quick to Anger: Uptight and feeling a need to act more capable than she is, Cintra can get uppity and angry, trying to play up her threat levels and make others not want to go through the hassle of contesting her. This can cascade and ramp exponentially against foes, or even with allies if she is insulted too hard to make her particularly hostile. When tipped over she will fling herself into combat with great zeal, more often than not with less forethought than would be wise mixed with stubborn idiocy. This is only exacerbated by her borderline perceived inability to be killed due to her profoundly sturdy 'skeleton' ((despite that mindset being very much false)).
• Impatient to a Fault: Cintra would have been perfect for spy work should she have the ability to wait for hours on end. Her climbing skill and slim build could make great infiltration in high areas inaccessible to others, but she simply could not cope with inaction ((and especially the appalling idea of changing her paint colors and disabling bio-lights)). The second she sees ANY reasonable opportunity to strike, she would bite onto it like a rabid dog rather than wait for a better option.
• Attachment: It is no secret Cintra adores Flux, she would do just about anything to make him happy and ensure he remains HERS and nobody else's. She is liable to launch into bouts of jealousy with little warning, and in combat her aggression flings to new levels if he were to be injured. Any that bring harm or show any sort of 'interest' are instantaneous rivals that she would be keen to single out from a crowd.
• Glassworker: Her fingers are borderline useless in a real combat setting against other's Wartime armor other than scraping paint. Looking more like a threat than they are. She may be able to scratch at more delicate faces or eyes, but it is no better than someone with cone styled fingertips with a rougher point. Their only real purpose is to cut glass. Should it be standard Cybertronian glass or weaker, and not thick panels such as that used in spacecraft and shuttle windshields, she can etch out holes and accurately draw straight lines and perfect circles. On the underside of her arms are her front tires that have been compressed, the rubber used to sharply strike a shape to cleanly pop it out without shattering.
• Soccer All-Star: Having played foot sports back on Cybertron as a leisure activity, Cintra can make impromptu projectiles. While her aim will never compare to a blaster due to variety in object shapes and weights, she is rather proficient to launch stones and similar things at a close enough foe when cornered. A sort of last-ditch effort that is negated should the object in question be too irregularly shaped. This doesn't tend to do much against armored individuals.
Cintra has a tight bond with her Boi, and greatly adores the ridiculous mech. Things that would set her off if others said, will instead not phase her and she is more akin to laugh it off. Her affections can be like a lovestruck teen, more likely than not causing embarrassment for her significant other in a sea of rough and tumble war hardened individuals. She doesn't seem to care, and will happily hang off his arm even if she must suction cup in place.